Thursday, April 14, 2016

Worry

"What, me worry?" These were the words of fictitious cover boy, Alfred E Neuman, of MAD Magazine fame.  It is said that his "What, me worry?" mantra was changed only once in the long run of the magazine as a result of the Three Mile Island nuclear scare, when he said, "Yes, me worry!."  Truth is, we worry about a lot of things.  Some of us worry more than others, but all of us give in to worry from time to time.

Sunday morning, I will be preaching about worry.  "Hold on," you might say, "what about our creation care emphasis?"  Glad you asked.  Jesus had some interesting things to say about worry in the context of creation.  You might want to read Matthew 6:25-35 in preparation for Sunday morning and consider how Jesus contrasted worry with the wonder of God's creation.  I hope you will be present for our continuing emphasis.

Sunday morning will also feature some great music from our children's choirs and some blessed words of testimony from Charlie and Mary Shuman about how they experience and enjoy God's beautiful world.

I hope you can take advantage of the beautiful weather forecast for the next few days and get out to experience the handiwork of the Creator.  I look forward to seeing you Sunday!

Jim Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment