Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lenten Devotional...February 26

Then Jesus cried out, "Those who believe in me do not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When they look at me, they see the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."
(John 12:44-45)

A Sunday School teacher gave her first-grade class a few minutes at the close of the hour to color anything they wanted. She noticed one little girl working quite diligently on her picture. She asked the little girl who the picture portrayed, and she quickly responded, "God." "No one knows what God looks like," the teacher said, to which the young artist responded with confidence, "They will now."

Jesus sought to show the world his heavenly Father. "When they look at me," he said, "they see the one who sent me." As followers of Jesus Christ, we are to help the world see Christ in us. "Let your light shine before others," Jesus said, "that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." You and I are painting God-pictures whenever someone else sees Christ in us. Give careful attention to detail, allow the light of Christ to shine through you in everything you do, and the world around you will see the One who sent you.

Prayer: Help us Lord, to allow your light to shine through, that others will be drawn to the picture of Christ at work in us, Amen.

Jim Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment