Friday, July 24, 2015

"It's a Gift!"

Since I cannot join our adopt-a-highway group tomorrow to clean Old Keene Mill Hwy, I went ahead and cleaned a portion of this busy road that Westwood is responsible for this morning.  It was a beautiful morning. Indeed, one woman who smiled at me as she waited for a bus, pointed to the blue sky, breathed in the air, and said of the day, "It's a gift!"  She was right.  As I made my way on down the road, another man, a worker for Fairfax County who was supervising a tree trimming crew, stopped to thank me for picking up the trash along the roadside.  I didn't expect either exchange, but both were reminders of the blessings we share in the simplest things of life...the beauty of a new day and the gratitude one shares with another.

Wherever you are today, take a moment to consider this day as a gift, and then give thanks to God for the treasure of this particular day. Make the most of it!

Thanks to the Hope Class for sponsoring the Adopt-a-Highway cleanup tomorrow morning at 9. Come and help clean the area of Old Keene Mill Rd designated for Westwood to take care of. Many hands make for quicker work.   

Sunday morning we will share in the dedication of Adalyn Chen to the Lord by her parents, Paul and Kyle.  We will also hear from our Impact Team. I hope you will be present for this special service. Then plan to join us Sunday night at 7 for Westwood's Got Talent.

Enjoy the gift of this day.


Jim Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment