Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lenten Devotional...March 19

“For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall never be shaken.”
(Psalm 62:1-2)
 
“It kind of freaked us out,” a UCLA architectural student commented following Monday’s 4.4 magnitude earthquake in Southern California.   I remember my own experience with the earthquake that hit our region a few years back.  I shared the UCLA student’s assessment in the immediate aftermath of that quake for it kind of freaked me out too!
 
In the midst of an earthquake or storm, one seeks shelter.  The Psalmist finds his shelter in God.  Trusting in the Lord, he affirms, “I shall never be shaken.” The earth may move, the winds may howl, and yes, the snows may continually come, but God is an ever-present help in time of trouble…our rock, our salvation, and our fortress.
 
Prayer: Gracious God, Rock of Ages, for your sheltering arms about us, we give you thanks. Amen.    
 

Jim Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment