Monday, March 24, 2014

Lenten Devotional...March 24

“...let each of you lead the life that the Lord has assigned, to which God called you.”
(I Corinthians 7:17)

Much of the marketing across various media streams today challenges consumers to pattern themselves after someone else.  From the clothing one wears, to the soft drinks one consumes, to the medications one takes, there is the constant challenge to be like someone other than one’s self.  Paul challenges the Christians in Corinth to celebrate the uniqueness of every soul.  Yes, there is a model to follow, but this model is unlike any other; this model is the living Christ.  Paul sets forth the challenge in following this pattern in Philippians 2:5, “Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus.”

God calls us not to be clones of one another, but faithful followers of Jesus Christ.

Prayer:    Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me. Amen. (St Patrick—5th Century)

Jim Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment