Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lenten Devotional...March 26

“Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.”
(Psalm 119:133)
 
Someone stood on my front porch today while I was away from the house.  How do I know?  No, the person didn’t leave information in the door.  No, Max the wonder dog didn’t tell me, though he was pretty excited when I got home. The reason I know someone was on my front porch today is because he left a trail of footprints in the snow that left the sidewalk, crossed through the grass, moved up the steps and onto the front porch.  It was a clear and traceable path.  The identity of the person and purpose for his visit remain unknown, but the footsteps are evidence of his presence.
 
The Psalmist knows the One who guides his footsteps and finds his direction in the word of God.  The pathway is traceable, the destination a matter of trust.  His purpose? Holiness…let no sin rule over me.   How about your footsteps?
 
Prayer: Guide my steps, Lord. Let no sin rule over me. Amen.
 

Jim Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment