Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Lenten Devotional...March 2

Psalm 73:26

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
                                   
I’ve spent a lot of time traveling lately. My recent trip to India included a return of 35 hours between bus and airplane travel. Yesterday, Cindy and I returned from spending a few days with Clayton in Kentucky, and that was eight hours in the car.  I find that as I am “maturing” my body reacts a bit differently to these trips than it did in younger days. It is just one more reminder of what someone has noted as “the tyranny of time.”

The psalmist acknowledges his frailties with honesty, but offers hope in the midst of his physical challenges. “God,” he writes, “is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”  The demands of the cross are wearying, yet, our hearts and minds are strengthened by the sure and steady hand of God.

In your aches, in your struggles, in the heaviness of life, find strength for your heart and mind and body in the living God.

Prayer: In my weariness, Lord, strengthen my heart. Amen.

Jim Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment